By Michael G. G. Thompson M.D. (auth.), Michael G. G. Thompson M.D. (eds.)
This is the inaugural quantity of the hot sequence: severe matters in Psychiatry: an instructional sequence for citizens and Clinicians. it truly is a suitable starting, for this ebook represents a milestone within the evolution of psychiatric schooling. For the 1st time, there'll now be a unmarried position the place you will see that a compre hensive choice of academic ambitions and targets to outline the wide spectrum of data and talents crucial for normal and baby psychiatry. This assortment doesn't signify the unfairness of a unmarried educator or application. relatively, it contains a consensually demonstrated rating of relative value for every academic aim and aim as decided via a wide and foreign sampling of ex perienced psychiatric educators, in addition to an article board with essentially the most exclusive names in psychiatric schooling. it really is even attainable to inform at a look no matter if the ranked point of significance is similar or diverse inside of numerous nationwide teams, for instance Canadians vs. american citizens. This ebook is meant for all scholars of psychiatry. it's quite precious to citizens in education, yet both so for skilled clinicians getting ready for Board exam or just getting to the method of constant schooling and highbrow renewal. whereas it may well good be utilized by an establishment to delineate the scale of a coaching software in psychiatry, it truly is meant basically for the self-evaluation and self-monitoring of one's progress as a psychiatrist.
Read or Download A Resident’s Guide to Psychiatric Education PDF
Similar education books
This quantity brings jointly essentially the most influential students in improvement economics to discover tips on how to increase the future health of the negative, the best way to layout powerful buildings and associations for poverty relief, and what the function of monetary, political and social dimensions are (and may be) in international improvement.
Dieses Lehrbuch orientiert sich an den VDI-Richtlinien 2221 und 2222. Ausgehend von der Beschreibung der betrieblichen Einordnung der Konstruktion wird anschaulich dargestellt, wie auf der foundation der Systemtechnik die Tätigkeit des Konstruierens mit methodischer Unterstützung effizient, zielsicher und mit optimalem Ergebnis erfolgen kann.
'One challenge with the nutrition method is that expense is the base line instead of having the base line be land stewardship, an appreciation for the environmental and social worth of small-scale relatives farms, or for organically grown produce. ' --Interview with farmer in Skagit County, WashingtonFor a lot of the later 20th century, foodstuff has been considerable and handy for many citizens of complex business societies.
- Samadhi: The Numinous And Cessative in Indo-tibetan Yoga (S U N Y Series in Religious Studies)
- Five-Minute Activities: A Resource Book of Short Activities
- Software Engineering Education: SEI Conference 1991 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, October 7–8, 1991 Proceedings
- Critical Turns in Critical Theory: New Directions in Social and Political Thought (International Library of Political Studies, Volume 39)
- Battle for the Ukraine: The Korsun'-Shevchenkovskii Operation (Cass Series on the Soviet (Russian) Study of War, 15)
- Training Older Workers and Learners: Maximizing the Workplace Performance of an Aging Workforce
Extra info for A Resident’s Guide to Psychiatric Education
Be able to list the syndromes about which a psychiatrist should have a working knowledge. Use DSM, lCD, or GAP report. 005 significance. 38 @* @* @ @ @ @* @* @ Chapter 1. Terminal and Enabling Objectives 2. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. ) 3. Be able to discuss the contributions offour major authors to an understanding of psychosis in childhood. 1. 2. Mahler, M. 3. Rutter, M. 4. 5. 6. 4. 5. iii. Treatment in Child Psychiatry TERMINAL OBJECTIVES 1. To become familiar with the major forms of therapeutic intervention available within child psychiatry.
0VcrJA 4. and ecology. 5. 6. C. Cognition Note: The following SUbtopics may be subsumed under the topic "cognition" : i. Intelligence ii. Language Development iii. Learning iv. Memory v. Motivation vi. Perception All but i and ii are dealt with in other sections. i. lA 1. 1. The multifactorial approach (Americans such as Thorndike. Thurstone. g .. Guilford's three-dimensional structure of intellect model·-·-operations. 2. Approaches centered around a postulated g" or general factor (British scientists such as Spearman.
6. 5. 6. 32 Chapter 1. Terminal and Enabling Objectives iii. Cultural Change and Mental Health TERMINAL OBJECTIVE To have an awareness of some of the research concepts related to the mental health aspects of cultural change and migration. ENABLING OBJECTIVES (])V0A 1. Be able to describe studies linking cultural change or migration to changes in mental health. (])V[[)A 2. Be able to list major changes ofpsychiatric relevance taking place in our own culture today. 3. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 4. 6. 5.... B.